Autumn is always a popular time to think about selling your home. Schools are back, everyone has that start of term feeling, and it’s the ideal season to start thinking ahead regarding your home. It’s traditionally a busy time of year for estate agents, especially between the middle of August and the end of October.
So how can you prepare your home for viewers during Autumn?
- Give your home a thorough clean and use a few tips and tricks to make it inviting. Soft lighting, nice smelling candles and a few lifestyle accessories help turn a house into a home.
- You also have a little bit of time before the weather turns to tackle any jobs you could do to make your home look more welcoming to viewers. There’s a few weekends left to tidy up the garden and review any DIY jobs you may have been putting off. The additional of some seasonal flowers also helps a garden come alive. Putting them in pots allows you to take them with you when you move too!
- Make sure to clean your windows to make the most of the natural light, and replace any bulbs to ensure that your home is well light during evenings viewings too.
- Don’t forget to put the heating on if there are any colder days! A welcoming home is a warm one, so turn up the heating an hour or so before a viewing to make visitors comfortable.
- Now that the kids are back at school you can tidy up and declutter. Use Christmas as an incentive for them to take a few old toys to the charity shop and give their rooms a thorough clear out. Allow your viewers to envisage the space for their own families and needs.
- Of course, you need to think about where you want to move to as well. Take some time to analyse the market – What do you want from your new home? Perhaps a bigger garden, a garage, better transport links or a bustling community feel – only you know what suits your family best.
Talk to Flatmans today if you’d like to sell your home this Autumn. Our teams are always happy to discuss your needs and, being long established in our areas of Reading and Langley, we know our area and can help you personally with your requirements. As independent estate agents weunderstand every aspect which effects a property’s price, such as School OFSTED reports, amenities, public transport links and more which enables us give you a fantastic overview. We can also provide an accurate valuation for your current home, maximizing your sale price.