When you’re ready to sell your home, choosing an estate agent in the current market can seem overwhelming. There are many different options, so we’ve put together some factors you can consider when it’s time to sell your home.
You can sell your home yourself, use a traditional estate agent or an online estate agent. Selling your home yourself is not for the fainthearted, and you need to be very organized, however online estate agents are also growing popular.
As a local estate agent we do believe that our service brings many more benefits than using an online agent or selling your property by yourself. Take a look at our tips and advice below so you can think about what organisation you want to sell your home.
- Approach the estate agent like a prospective buyer – do you like their service? How do they present properties in their windows, online or through contacting buyers?
- Consider what properties they sell, if they have sold any like yours recently. Ask them about previous houses or flats like yours that they have sold, and they should have some great examples.
- Take a look at their websites to find out a bit more about them. Testimonials and Facebook reviews can be a good way of getting other people’s opinions.
- How will they market your property? The internet, and portals like Rightmove, Zoopla and Primelocation are the main port of call for buyers, so you need to know where your house will be listed. They may also have their own social media channels, advertising in local newspapers, and more, so it’s worth checking out what they can offer you.
- Is the estate agent/online service quick to come back to you with answers to any queries?
- Get a personal recommendation – ask your family and friends if they have had a good experience recently.
- Do you stay local? An estate agent in your area will know all about your town, and will know more about prospective buyers and the best way to market your property.
- Find out how they would sell your home, such as an open house or accompanied viewings. What would happen if your house wasn’t selling? Find out their Plan B beforehand.
If you’re thinking about selling your house in the Reading, Langley or Wokingham area, contact the Flatman Partnership to find out more about how we work and the homes we’ve sold in your area. We’ll be happy to talk you through our experience and any concerns you may have.